What its all about

Poppapope's Steam Car

Running on Air

 On a search for clicks and clacks

I took some time and checked out the engine looking for scrapes and marks showing interference.  I did find that one of the piston rod glands was a little loose, and the cross-head was hitting it at TDC.  A quarter turn and clearance reappeared.  I also found that the pump rods were making a little clicking noise when changing direction.  There was about 1/16 inch of slop.  I am not sure if that is a something I need to worry about. 

After adjusting, I set up the compressor to slowly increase the output to 60 PSI and then just run until it had run down.  

 

It started moving at about 20 PSI. 

 

Back to twiddling my thumbs.  


Thanks for reading,

Poppapope
Denver, CO USA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting your thoughts on my build.