What its all about

Poppapope's Steam Car

Parts start to arrive

 First Shipments

When I talked to Dean last week, he explained that part of my minor delay was because they wanted to make sure the chassis would assemble correctly, as I am across the pond and far away. 

So they mocked it up on the factory floor before taking it back down and packing it up.

And this is what showed up on my driveway 3 days later.

I know that some of the smaller pieces are on the pallet so I will need to wait until that arrives in order to do my own checkout prior to sending it out for powder coating.  

After reading the blogs of those that went before me, namely Grier, I have acquired 4 jack stands and mounted them on small dollys to facilitate the assembly. 

I also added the rubber head option to help keep the finish nice after powder coating.


I should hear in the next day or two about the status of the pallet shipment.  I will let you know what happens with customs and what you should expect.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting your thoughts on my build.